• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Coming to Malta - Advice needed

Started by dave cave, July 20, 2008, 20:48:41 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

dave cave

im coming to malta on tuesday the 22nd and i really want to know where is good for spinning as im staying in sliema and just need some help on where to go any help will be good and if i catch ill get u a drink in and bar on the front thanks
          dave

redbus9

hi dave welcome to the forum.are you comming 22 july or 22 aug? redbus9.
If you can't eat it don't kill it.

Freeman

Sliema front is deceant for cudas, underneath burgerking is a very good spot, enjoy your stay

blueskip

Dave
I am in the same position as you are, but I have had some really good advice from some of the guys on this forum, I have been to told that if you go to Wied iz-zirrrieq (where the boats leave for the Blue Grotto) & fish from the rocks to the right of there, you are in tremendously deep & prolific waters!
You need to cast out as far as possible, with 30lb line, on a deep diving plug or a heavy Dexter wedge, or heavy Koster, let it sink to mid water, then do a fast retrieve, there are small tuna & dorado to be had, as well as barracuda.
For fishing "from the hotel balcony", if you use bread flake fished with a bubble float controller, (as you would for carp or chub over here) then you will catch mullet & bass in very shallow water, have fun, but remember "er indoors" is on holiday as well! ;)
blueskip
Blueskip