• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Imsell mill-art

Started by pajsan, September 17, 2008, 11:00:27 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

pajsan

Nixtieq inkun naf x'liska tuza ghal imsell, u tista tuza huta tal-plastik? :)

Robert

When my dad was younger he used to fish for garfish from land with his father - at that time everyone fished for garfish using bacon as bait. If I remember correctly it should be cut in thin strips.
Man will never be able to stop time but he can get very close by freediving.

SPITEC

I find that the best bait is 'kurunella' when hooked alive and 'hniex tal-korea' but the most important thing is to use the thinest line possible.
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

placebo

imissek kultant fuq huta tal plastic imma mhux il lure idejali my friend!
L-ahjar metodu huwa qasba tal idejn u jekk tista gib ir rih minn warajk halli jghinek titfa. Jekk tista tuza xejn comb ikun ahjar.

jekk tara li l-imsaella qed izzom il barra uza qasba tar reel fina u istad bi xlief 0.12 - 0.14.

Ahna insejhulu controller float meta tuza sufrun zghir u fergha xlief mieghu ta xi 1 meter twila.

Fit tarf orbot sunnara minn size 10 sa anke 14 jew 16. Bhala liska il korejan huwa tajjeb hafna ghax tista tghid meta jmissek taqbad dejjem. Biss l-imsella hija huta agli hafna u titghallem malajr ghalekk suggeriment tajjeb huwa li tbiddel il lixka. Tista tuza gambli tal friza, bacon u anke bicciet irqar ta hut jew klamari. L-imsella tattira hafna mir rieha u importanti li izzomma maghlufa tajjeb.

Ahna nhobbu nuzaw ftit zejt tas sardine jew inkella mal ghalf zid ftit zejt normali halli izomm fil wicc.
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

LapsiBoy

Jin niftakarna naqbdu lewwel wahda malajr hali nuzawa liska..ahna dejjem fillet ta limsell kona nuzaw ...

SPITEC

Tajba ukoll li tqatta minna stess lapsiboy anke bicca vopa ima li semma placebo ahjar zgur u ghal armar ta spjegazzjoni tajba hafna placebo.Jekk tkun b'ta l-idejn ahjar jekk tuza harira biss bla comb u lanqas suffrun.

placebo

i did a nice catch of around 50 today from south areas.

All on koreano worms as bait and using the controller float on a light ledgering rod.

suffrun

placebo, excuse my ignorance, but what is a controller float?

LapsiBoy

I think it is used to keep the rig on the surface while reeling in ..

placebo

hi suffrun find attached the diagram of the setup.

http://ksfamalta.org/Rigs/Rigs_Frame.shtml

it is exactly as lapsi told you to keep the bait on the surface as much as possible.

You can also use one of those bubble floats (that fill with water!!!!)
ignore the breadflake on the diagram and use some other bait for garfish.

camkev

Great info placebo,but do me a favour......take that thing off tal manchester ;)
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

MartinB

Another good thing to get the garfish in close and feeding,especially useful if you are using a hand rod which i personally prefer when fishing for garfish,is to 'ground bait' with canned tuna in vegtable oil (tonn taz-zejt)!! it leaves a nice slick on the surface which drives the garfish crazy and also brings them right next to you! Then you can fish without using a float, just the baited hook & you can literally hook them by sight  8) Also without a float and using a fine line you will have less chance of spooking the fish..

Here is a bucket (viewed from above-its actually a catering size 5L empty cadbury drinking chocolate bucket) almost full, that me and friend of mine caught from ta' fra ben area last year around this time,we caught around 200 between us!!! so it was good day's fishing indeed!
Especially considering as garfish are one of my personall favourite fish to eat! (and easiest to prepare! just like vopa!)
Also as mentioned in this thread we started off by catching a few vopi for bait but we started using cut up peices of garfish and they work just as well if not better!
Tight Lines
Martinb

SPITEC

I never heard anyone mentioning canned tuna.Thank you for sharing Martin,I will try it for sure

MartinB

QuoteI never heard anyone mentioning canned tuna.Thank you for sharing Martin,I will try it for sure
No problem mate! what we did is we bought a large catering sized can from the cash and carry place where we were fishing (piscopo) as these big cans tend to have alot more oil in them!
Then just get a slick going with a quite a few spoons full (we were using an old table spoon) before you start fishing and then just throw one in every once in a while when the fish start biting..

Simon G

yes that technique works very well and keeps them around
maxxon 420 with 30hp tohatsu
profesional aquarist and under water photographer
semi profesional spearfisherman