International Organisations

Started by The Angler, June 15, 2006, 15:41:18 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

The Angler

What do you know about international shore fishing organisations. Although we are very small compared to other countries, we (kingfisher sport fishing association) have performed very well with Italian anglers. Does anyone have friends or relatives living abroad who are in a club or association??

Simon G

HI Angler and welcome
My diving and fishing buddy Andrew harvey was in the British national fishing team a few years ago
as with myself i love fishing but i dont like competing. I fish for fun and to relax but on the other hand i would not mind having a Maltese National Fishing Team and represent my country.
maxxon 420 with 30hp tohatsu
profesional aquarist and under water photographer
semi profesional spearfisherman

placebo

I would love to see a Maltese National Fishing team. That's our main target in KSFA.

Angler has been thinking of this for some 15 years nahseb!!!! 
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

The Angler

I started competing locally in 1997. I was always fishing on the boat before that but i practiced some pole fishing as well. During this time I saw people being transformed from a very crude dilettant to a passionate sports fisherman. This happened to most anglers joining KSFA. We have started exploring different shores 4 years ago mainly in Italy. Now we are in the process of creating a national team but we still need backing from the authorities.

I think that finally we will get there. My aim is to gather as much foreign expirience as possible before matching in international competitions. Our competition next July in Sicily will be the first match after three years in which we are not just guests but included in the list of the foreign clubs. There will be the best 60 anglers of the south of Italy. We will be divided in 4 sections, so we will have two anglers in each section. There will be a trophy for the winner of each section so we hope to get a cup back to malta.

Simon G

good luck if you need any help let us know
Simon G

The Angler

Kingfisher Sport Fishing association wins the podium of the Sicily match. We were back yesterday. We really had a great time and apart from that we defeated them on their own field.

The 8 KSFA anglers were all well prepared for this match which started at 8.00 am and ended at 12.00 noon on Sunday the 23rd of July. We practised on saturday in a venue's nearby location and we were really disappointed with our trial catch. On the otherhand the match venue prooved to be really good. Johnathan Vassallo bet everyone with 2.4 KG including 5 seabreams, a gurnard and a couple of breams. I managed to place second with 1.67 KG catching a numbner of small two banded breams, a  seaqbream, 6 mullets and other small fish. Stephan Borg managed to place third with 1.5 kg. The Sicilians were all really impressed when they were weighing our fish. Johnathan was fishing with 0.10 mm line for the seabreams and did a fantastic job. We all had fun and will start working on next year's venue. All the info and photos will soon be available on our website, ksfamalta.org

skip

Simon G

well done guys
by any chance did you get news paper coverage
and again WELL DONE !!!!!!!

The Angler

Yes we were covered by all papers during last week.