Fishing - to bait or not to bait?

Started by malliaa, February 18, 2008, 16:09:04 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

malliaa

I only go fishing at night (between 9-3am) using live bait (hniex) and from the share- my success is usually very limited one or two sargi at best...

I don't bait the water - would doing this increase my success? And if i do, what bait should i use?

Granitu

don't expect much mate you have to consider everything, including weather, and other factors. it is not a matter of how much you get but what you get in sizes. are your catches small?
Good season so far.....

ciappinu

I personally like to bait an area if I plan to do some fishing, especially if I am fishing with Hniex. I don't do much fishing from land, but when I do, what I do is go spear diving one day before, break some rizzi in the bottom. If you can time that with a full moon, be sure to have good results.
Seabrave 14 e-Tec 50hp

malliaa

catches are not too bad - usually about 20-25 cm in length which as far as i know is not too bad for a sargu

Granitu

it is a good catch mate patience is the key a 20cm sargu is normaly a 600grms sargu depends as they grow alot from height. With regards to baiting up the area pay attention- they may end up feeding on your baiting(ghalf)
Good season so far.....