barracuda

Started by kristofer, May 04, 2008, 13:48:26 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

kristofer

hey guys i have been trying to fish for barracuda at at st anglu point birgu but with no luck. i am using 30mm line and reeling in pretty fast as i can this the lure i am using a crystal minnow yo-zuri 1 is a red head while the other is a clown( thats what they said i called)they are 15grams in weight and are sinking types. i fish between 5pm till 8pm( btw i have a small weight on topof the swivel about 10grams)

Freeman

As far as I've heard the birgu area is good for cudas but u can always say if it's a good spot or not by having a look behind your lure and you are bound to see some following it.

Lures are all good at least from my point of view, about the line it's a point of view, with a heavy line and a heavy rod u will cover less casting distance and u increase the chance the fish will see the line but the worst part of having that setup is the decrease in fun when u will catch something on the other hand you will drastically decrease the chance of loosing a fish.

Having crystal waters while fishing is nice and relaxing but the chances of a fish biting in those conditions are slim.

Best of luck and hope to see some pictures from you soon.

shanook

I assure u freeman that the sea round the Cottonera area is anything but crystal clear

Freeman

haha shanook, I'm pretty sure you are right but still my guess would be that in the surface it can still gets clear :)

MartinB

Im inclined to agree with you freeman me and a friend once caught a load of sawrell ta'l-imperjal (around 35 each) about 4 yrs ago on spinners inside grand harbour off the jetty behind the wine place (delicata?) a bit further up from the ship building.
The surface was clear but when we gutted one of the fish it may as well have been soaked in diesel!!!! we ended up giving them all to an old guy who asked us for them he was trying to float fish for them (un-sucessfully)..hope he didn't eat them !

fava

nice technique martinB (your friend)....one day i should try what you just mentioned.. using spinners.. Will surely upload some photos if it would be fruitful!!

tight lines
AndreaFava
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

Albatross 390 powered by Suzuki 15Hp