noob fishing!

Started by fish4fun, June 02, 2008, 01:20:03 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

fish4fun

hey guys! First of all well done for the forum! its great to see so much dedication and so many people willing to help :) Secondly, I'm a 20yr old guy who recently started fishing from the shoreline for fun, i found my dad's old 8m rod in February and thought I'd give it a go! so far I've only caught very small fish, none over 4" apart from one Vopa(i think) that was 6". my hook is relatively small (not exactly sure what size  :-[ but about 1.0cm in total length and 0.5cm across). I'd love to try and aim for some bigger fish! so far I've been fishing in Cirkewwa near the bus terminus, using red shrimp as bait. can anyone maybe guide me as to what i should do or where i should go in order to catch some big fish(which i would then take home and grill yum yum  :D) ?

thanks in advance!

Lukas

Freeman

Hi mate and welcome,

The way I see it u have 2 options to see some "bigger" fish.

1 Get a rod with a reel and try some bottom fishing, u will still catch small fish but you will catch some sargi pagell pagri ecc (bottom dwellers)

2 Get a spinning rod, a spinning reel and a couple of lures and try your luck for some cudas, plamti, cervjol ecc. U will catch alot less fish than the above but the reward will be bigger. Do not get demoralized at the begining if u dont catch anything, it's normal, actually most of the times u will go home empty handed (or at least I do) But the 1 out of 4 times u will catch something you will realize it was worth it.

Hope the above helps, if u need additional info you can send me a pm and i'll help u as best I can from my limeted experiance

fava

hi fish4fun, u look kind of like me, but thnks to mff, and me friends here we discussed several topics..
you can browse the forum freely, reading tricks and tips about fishing.

there are several topics regarding, what bait to use, ground bait, lines, mullet, etc..etc..

..hey guys...the community is growing..  =)
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

Albatross 390 powered by Suzuki 15Hp

bigboy

Taf kemm taf qatt ma taf xejn fava ;) jien dejjem nitghallem u niskopri fid dinja tas sajd. Inhobb nitghallem minghand haddiehor kif ukoll inhobb nati s sugerimenti tieghi ukoll.

Gl guys, summer is at the doorstep now:) lets get ready to fish with no exceptions. Alunghi are approaching aswell.