• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Laham tas sega

Started by Reelin, November 10, 2008, 09:59:30 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Reelin

does any of you guys know if there is any way i can buy laham tas sega? i recently moved house and the local butcher said that he already gives to four other anglers so availability will be poor. I used to find it one of the best baits for mullet
Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!

camkev

Where are you going to fish for mulett?Cause you can use farka,i find it better then laham tas sega.
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

Reelin

i use farka also...and yes i do think that at times its better....but when ity come to night fiushing for mullet well for me nothing beats sega.....i generally fish a peir  m'xlokk and another one in st julians

Reelin

do you know aywhere i can buy it from camkev?

ganni

you use it as bait??

i use laham tas sega as ground bait to attract the fish but then i fish with mince meat. yave you ever tried it?? for me its much better cause it holds on the hook better. you can find mince meat from any shop!!
SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today

Reelin

no i havent...but i actually think it's a very good idea.....re laham tas sega holding to the hook you can add a little semolina to it it holds better then....but thaanks again for the tip ganni

rammx

laham tas sega you mean the left over of the meat found in the meat-cutting machine???
if yes i guess you can find it at any butcher...

i used to use it for catching zabri

ganni

yes rammx that is laham tas sega.

and reelin to the mince meat i add smid, don't know what its called in english, its like flour.

flour is fine too
SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today

rammx

@ 10x ganni!
i think smid is the semmolina Reelin mentioned before...

fisheye

If I were you I would try at big shops like chef's choice in marsa scala or prime meat in marsa. For sure they will have planty of that staff daily.   
Buccaneer 147 powered by Yamaha 85

camkev

I never tried laham tas sega for mulett,but i know a lot of people who use it.Will surely giva it a try.

bigboy

Laham tas sega is surely great for mulett but there and again i prefer farka as camkev said.

Reelin

semolina and smid are the same thing ganni....i believe.....

go ahead camkev give it a try it's worth while, the protein present in meat induceses some kiond of feeding frenzy and aty night the blood leaves a trail...the occationala gilthead and other breams are also hooked just like on farka last june i also got 2 nice strill at night...but still i must admit that farka is a killer bait.....

Reelin

fisheye did you actually buy sega from them?...or you're just suggesting?

camkev

I might try it out as alf first,mix it with cefalu.