• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Places to go fishing from shore in gozo; suggestions pls

Started by kenneth, August 09, 2006, 09:51:27 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneth

Would anyone help me in giving me a suggestion of some good place in gozo were to go fishing pls:   :)
If one fails, no need to worry keep trying until you succeed

Simon G

if you are going to use the reel rods try qbajjar near marsalforn look for the deep area and cast as far out as you can.
if you dont get abite in 10mins reel it in a bit  and continue like that
with a hand rod try mgarr quite alot of mullet and sargi and occasionally an awrata
maxxon 420 with 30hp tohatsu
profesional aquarist and under water photographer
semi profesional spearfisherman

kenneth

If one fails, no need to worry keep trying until you succeed

Simon G

maxxon 420 with 30hp tohatsu
profesional aquarist and under water photographer
semi profesional spearfisherman

gozitano

jien il qbajjar xbajt immur u ma nahsibx li huwa post tajjeb.taqbad xi gurbell jew xi sargu kultant,imma qatt ma hadt naqa pjacir hemm.jekk ma jamlux xi haga l awtoritajiet rigward il pariti,etc etc,lanqas vopa mhu ha jibqa.naf x jien nejdilkom.postijiet tajba ma baqa mkien ghax ghawdex kollu dortu.biex taqbad huta sabiha trid tkun lucky hafna.gieli morna sitta min nies b sitt qasab tar ril u hlief busuf jew xi star fish ma naqbdux.

Translation :

I'm fed up going to Qbajjar for nothing, you catch a gurbell and a sargu once in a million but I never really enjoyed myself there.
If the authorities don't enforce the laws on nets etc neither a vopa will be left. In Gozo there are no good places left, I went all over the place in vain and to catch a nice fish you have to be very lucky.
Sometimes we went fishing, 6 in all with 6 fishing rods and except some busuf or starfish we caught nothing !!

rammx

ghawdex hemm xi haf jbih hanex t limperjal???
ghawdex kien hafna ahjar sa 3 snin ilu...qieghed imajna min sena al lohra :(

Translation :

Is there someone in Gozo who sells Ta l Imperjal worms ?
Gozo was a better fishing site 3 years ago but its going worse year after the other :(

Gazzetta

I think Qbajjar is better for Spinning or using an Imrejkba.

What type of bait do you use ? Have you tried worms : (Korea, imperjal, amerikan, bibi etc)  ??

Chris  8)

fishfinder

Gozo is getting really over fished and mostly it's from locals who increased their number of nets. I knew a guy and he used to lay 40 nets nearly every day including Dwejra.

We've already discussed this issue in other topics but unfortunately there's not much that we can do.

this week there was another guy in B'Bugia and I've called the port directorate on 21222203 but no one was answering. yesterday there was another near the dolphin in M'Xlokk port.

Starting from this year I'm not fishing Gozo cause the results are now the same as in Malta. Yes 3 years ago Gozo was much better but now it got much worst. :'(
Kaptan Leisure with Suzuki DF115 4 stroke

EmicMalta

yesturday we went the best parts of the west side of gozo till the farest point of gozo. we saw Only 1 5kg grouper in around 30mtr.

At qbajjar we meet 3 boats full of nets forwarding to the north and we stayed there for less then 1hr

maxxat75

hsara kbira qedin jaghmlu daw il-pariti..
Kulimkien qedin jeqirdu bil-mod il-mod  >:(

Translation :

These are doing a lot of damage, they are destroying everything >:(

MartinB

Another big problem in qbajjar apart from the nets is alot of scuba diving schools in gozo are always doing diving trips there...in fact when me and my friend go spinning in gozo i don't even bother trying there  but i haven't been in quite a while,from whats been said here it defiently isn't worth it anymore!

rammx

yes scuba diving is also interfering with night fishing...last time i went i spent an hour with no hits at all...then all of a sudden i caught 3 nice sized sargi in ten minutes ,,,until i saw the lights of the scuba divers coming towards me :s they lit up everywhere and i caught nothing after :(had to change place in the middle of the night!

mattl

jien vera ghadni zghir .... ima hafna sajjied ghedin jistadu bil pariti u lil min ijad jistad minn fuq il blat mhux ed ihalulhu sija gost u billi tixhet parit u tmur tigbru mela dak fih gost blasens.

ggantno1

Sakemm titfaw u tigbru fija u ma fijiex kemm u iktar hazin l pariti le qedin ihallu imwahlin fil qieh!!!! ftit zmien ilu rajt wihed kobba go 19m mhabell ma 2 geblit li qabel kien ihob ikun hemm xi sargu jew gurbell maghhom ilum ghandek xorti tara burqax bl modd kif qijed mwahal  mal qieh u jibqa tila ma 2 sulari jiflowtja l fuq f nofs ilma!!!!
Listen, I like female form in minimum dress Money to spend with a capital "S" Get a date with the woman in red Wanna be in heaven with three in a bed !!!