• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Shore Squid Fishing

Started by placebo, October 25, 2006, 05:39:12 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

placebo

How is it going regarding squid fishing from land?

Any news?
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

jiggy

HI
I WENT LAST WEEK BUT NOTHING,I WENT FROM GHAR LAPSI<I WILL TRY THIS WEEK AND I TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENS,BUT IM THE FIRSTTIME IN SHORE SQIUD FISHING,BUT ILL KEEP YOU INFORMED HOW IT GOES. ;)
bahri 9.9 jhonson
little as a cat but tough as a rat!

kempy

how do you catch squid from the shore . can you catch them from birzebbuga? on sat i caught a octopus  and my friend caught a 200g awrata with a 1kg octopus attached to it how lucky was that
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office

A woman who has never seen her husband fishing,doesn't know what a patient man she married

placebo

bongu kempy,

I never tried Birzebbuga for squid from shore. I do not think it looks a very good place for squid although i heard that last year from the freeport pier some fisherman managed some squid.

kempy

last year i di see a couple very close to the egde of the frreport but just no luck catching them
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office

A woman who has never seen her husband fishing,doesn't know what a patient man she married

placebo

Aw kempy,

For sure birzebbuga / hal far / tal mara are is very good for squid but you have to get some 1 mile out with a boat to get into good areas.

happy weekend, have fun tight lines

Ct

xtip ta dawl jintuza al Klamar ? xi hadd jista jghidli xjintuza

Freeman

@ placebo, I hear you mention birzebuggia often so I might aswell ask you instead of wasting some hours, is the freeport pier any good for bottom fishing with reel/rod ? Sorry for going out of subject

SPITEC

How is it going with squids from land mates? any catches?
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

Buddhagrass

Quote from: SPITEC on December 10, 2008, 14:25:20 CET
How is it going with squids from land mates? any catches?

Total Disaster Spitec .........
If you ain't living on the edge, your taking too much bloody space

Visit my Photo Sets @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/buddhagrass

Aab131

Till now I have never went this year but finally the sea temperature is going a bit down therefore catches could possibly increase or for others start. I will try to go after christmas since at the moment I am quite busy.

ken

no squid from land, only a few lately and really small.  Last saturday I saw 3 small squids being caught from zurrieq.  I think it's going to be a really bad year.  We used to catch from the beginning of october, even though the sea temperature was not cold.  Once I caught big ones even in early June.

maltembu

went for a late afternoon drive today with my better half and ended up in cirkewwa where i met bobby joe who was squid fishing from shore.. after a bit of chat he insisted i spin a bit with his extra gear.. guess what.. i ended up with my first squid from shore.. 450grms..  :)
A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn't know what a patient man she married !

There is no such thing as too much equipment.

fish-noob

is cirkewwa any good maltembu?? was it the only squiddy caught??

and prosit for cathing ur first one, still haven't caught mine.....

bigboy