• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Lampuki

Started by redbus9, July 30, 2009, 15:38:44 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

redbus9

Hi guys,just booked my flights to Malta.Arrive 21 Aug and depart 5 Nov so I will be there for the Lampuki season. Has anyone caught any yet? I know its a bit early but maybe someone has been lucky.Looking forward to the BBQ on 22 Aug, has the venue been arranged yet?   ;D
If you can't eat it don't kill it.

blueskip

Redbus if you can arrange a lampuki trip between 24th & 30th Sept count me in as well, I dont know if they have "charter boats" as we know them, but if they do, they will probably work from Marsoxlokk.
There was one boat in Marsascala Harbour that had "for hire" & a phone number on it, but he never answered his phone, so I would have thought Marsoxlokk would be our best bet for a charter boat.
Aug 21st to Nov 5th nice little "weekend break" that, you are obviously a retired single gentleman, because nobody who had a "er indoors" could plan 9 weeks of fishing!!!! :D
Blueskip

redbus9

You are right on the fact that I,m retired but I am married and my wife is comming over for 2 weeks due to the fact that my daughter is having a baby any day now and she is like a mother hen when it comes to new babys, so I wouldn,t see much of her anyway so if I,m going to be on my own I may as well be fishing in Malta   ;D  ;D  ;D

redbus9

Still have,nt heard of anyone catching Lampuki yet,are there any about yet?

robby017

i might go try next weekend, still not sure though
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

visa

The season for lampuki opens on the 15th August so please do not start before, especially for forum members. since we have to give a good example  ;)
RASCALA 24ft. with DF225 hp SUZUKI v6 4 stroke

redbus9

Hi Visa, didn,t realise there was a close season for Lampuki .If it opens on 15 August then when does it close?

placebo

now it's the time to catch some decent catches.

once they start putting the big FADs catches will be poor.
but ..... as loyal maltese citizens and in order to respect the law and also to let the full time fisherman earn some good money (ax kolla broke) we start fishing the 15th

good one redbus! season is still open
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

visa

season closes sometime in January, and anyhow at this time its true u can catch some decent catches but they will be no bigger than a big vopa.... and not worth the risk of being caught.
RASCALA 24ft. with DF225 hp SUZUKI v6 4 stroke

robby017

umm, if they're as big as a vopa, we'll release them, but the season opens for full time fishermen on the 15th when they put down the FAD's. You cannot sell lampuki before the 15th but you can go trolling for them recreationally, as far as i know....
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

msell

yes robby u re right u cannot sell them but you can catch how much you want. Hekk jonqos jamlulna tal ewropa joqodu jaqbdu mal lampuki ukoll mela x ha naqbdu c cak jew l bram! Viva l ewropa u min rieda

bigboy

Guys Lampuki season is only closed for commercial fishermen. No one can stop ypo from catching lampuki.

This morning we caught some from hurds bank area. all 300- 350g

Kevin G

hurds bank area is it close to shore or far out? 
The Sea Sweeper :D

bigboy

7 miles from freeport, 12 miles from grandharbour

SPITEC

Tajba bigboy prosit.
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING