• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Get together in January

Started by baghira, December 08, 2010, 12:17:58 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

baghira

Please feel free whoever wants to comment on this event which will be organised somethime in January in collaboration with Rammx Ltd.

I would suggest Greyhound Bidnija.
Rabbit feast.
Some day during the week or friday... During the week she will open for us only.
Owner is a Russian Lady I was told. ;D
Partners or just members ???

We did not book anything yet so feel all free to comment.
This was just a starting thread..
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

robby017

i suggest with partners........ since the turnouts unfortunately are normally low, having partners would increase the numbers........ zeta bar like last year was nice as well.
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

shanook

i am game whatever u choose.....

SEAFOX

Aw Baghira/Silvio, hope you enjoyed our "meeting yesterday?".....as discussed I can help out with getting the Greyhound set up for a very good fenkata. Bidnija is a nice quiet area and most important..apart from good food and great company.....parking is easy right near the venue. The Greyhound (or as we used to call the place... "Peter Rabbit") is right next to the Bidnija church. It used to be run by Peter, a fascinating and jolly character, who suddenly passed away 3 years ago but the business was taken over by his Russian partner and still offers an excellant cusine..as always its great to be with you guys and whenever "food" is being planned count me in!

rammx

I'd definitely attend a muccu night :P

but still think we must meet for a drinks night,,, the reason is that whenever we met for dinner etc. we all remain seated and stick to the one or two members that happen to sit next to us and that's it & I think we loose some of the purpose of these meetings imo

robby017

simple's, rammx, organise bar night in siggiewi....... or zeta, jew fejn trid

seafox, fenkata f'idek...... if you need some hint's let me know, last fenkata i organised with rammx at farmers co-of mgarr...... which lasted till around 2.30-3.00am ( we were about 30-35 and it was with partners)

15th jan 2010 - http://maltafishingforum.com/talk/index.php/topic,2519.0.html    ;D

The_Gaffer

I'm in also.  For drinks and Fenkata.  With or without partners. 
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

SEAFOX

I should be meeting Robby & Baghira on the 14th Dec for this so called "fishing party", how exciting, I've never been to such a thing !!!!! on some rocks at St Paul's Bay..hopefully it wont be too cold. We shall discuss a fenkata night at Bidnija as they both offered to be of assistance. Joe which dates are you available or in Malta? - we certainly look forward to your company. I am not sure if the "other halves" would wish to attend a noisy evening.

baghira

I would attend both also, no prob.
The only problem of a drinks night is that not everybody can drink mates and some may not come for this reason.
On the other hand everyone eats.......
If the venue is open just for us, we would certainly have a good chat over some drinks before and after  I think..

rammx

baghira

I just don't want that people that don't afford to come to both activities, choose between the two.
Better be a one and very good activity.

So any dates for january, during the week or weekend...
Come on guys we would like to see new faces of those members out there.

Don't just ask when you need, come and meet us and you will find out that you will become not just a member, but a good friend.

rammx

"Rammx - pick up the initiative, organise a night out.  Decide whether its singles, or with partners. anytime between 17 - 30 December, or even early Jan 2011"

This was written by Joe The Gaffer  (a senior moderator moderator) in the other organization thread...
After this I immediately asked my friend who owns a bar if it was possible to organize an MFF drinks night at his bar...
Arriving back home I read that also a fenkata was being organized...fine I said no problem, we will meet twice instead of once take to write my opinion that was that during meals it wasn't  easy to have a chat with all the members...
Issa it seems  that  you decided that the drinks session must be cancelled..
Fine! But please don't be surprised that no one takes the initiative to organize activities

robby017

u le, x'cancel the drinks! i'm in for both drinks and fenkata........

The_Gaffer

Quote from: rammx on December 10, 2010, 08:31:32 CET
“Rammx - pick up the initiative, organise a night out.  Decide whether its singles, or with partners. anytime between 17 - 30 December, or even early Jan 2011”

This was written by Joe The Gaffer  (a senior moderator moderator) in the other organization thread…
After this I immediately asked my friend who owns a bar if it was possible to organize an MFF drinks night at his bar…
Arriving back home I read that also a fenkata was being organized…fine I said no problem, we will meet twice instead of once take to write my opinion that was that during meals it wasn’t  easy to have a chat with all the members…
Issa it seems  that  you decided that the drinks session must be cancelled..
Fine! But please don’t be surprised that no one takes the initiative to organize activities

Guys Guys, come on, relax.  Yes, I am all for both drinks and fenkata.  Its not about how much you drink, but the networking that happens during these events.  Rammx is right, during a sit down dinner, whether its Fenkata or something else, the setting tends to disadvantage the chit chat that goes on when we all meet up for drinks and one can move around from one group to the other.  I say we do both...
and yes, this is being organised with the blessing of the MFF..we have a very busy year ahead of us, and we all need to share ideas, and do some pre work on the plans.  I need to listen to everybody's thoughts, tomake 2011 the best year yet for the MFF!
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/