• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

i want barracuda!

Started by jeankarl, July 07, 2008, 14:09:03 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

jeankarl

Hi guys I tried to go fishing for lizz 3 to 4 times now but with no luck (after reading and making the research from the topics). I bought the right lures I think (the ones you mentioned in the related topics) and tried different locations but I ended up with no cudas , back pain hehe and left the rod aside and fish ?b? ta? lidejn? instead, for any fish there is. I?m very disappointed. I know it?s a mix of tings (elements, expertise, equipment, time, location and luck) the fact that you catch a particular fish but I think I need to be in some company and watch some of you guys do the thing so that I?ll get live tips hehe.
If anyone will be interested in going fishing (for lizz or anything with lures) and wont bother if I come along I?ll be most happy. (I?ll bring whatever needed including beer lol) My name is Jean and my mob. no. is 99444181. Thanks in advance!

ciappinu

Hi Jean, The first time I went fishing for Barracuda I caught 4. The first one I caught after that was 3 years later, and believe me, I tried everything in those 3 years!
Seabrave 14 e-Tec 50hp

Freeman

Hi jeankarl, one question before anything else, do you see cudas chasing your lure when u go spinning ?

jeankarl

Hi ciappinu hope it wont take 3 years haha...and Freeman no I did'nt see anything chasing my lures. How do you know that there are cudas in the zone? is it necessarily because you see splashes? and if there are no splashes or anything following your lures should you consider chaning locations immediately? Being a beginner the most important thing is that I catch something with my new lures lol!

SPITEC

Hi jeankarl normalli some cudas chase the lure even if they don't take if you don't see any cudas try to walk a bit to change the place.If I will be going I'll send you a pm.Give it a try at bugibba or ta fra ben last week I caught from there. ;)
FISHING IS THE BEST HOBBY AND IT'S GREAT FOR RELAXING

Freeman

If u dont see anything chasing your lures, change your place.

Msida is good near black pearl
Marsa ras hanzir
valletta near breakwater

All the above are good places and if u dont catch anything u should atleast see them chasing u jghamlulek naqra kuragg :)

jeankarl

Thank you guys! You're the best! Looking forward...

placebo

the most important thing i notice is that you are fishing just in the right time! at dawn it's the 30mins or less in sunrise (a little before) and at dawn it's the same just as the sun goes down! those 15-30 mins are very critical.

those are the best moments for lure fishing. the places mentioned are all good and tested. There's also ponta (Senglea) which is a very productive place for lure fishing.

good luck my friend...you'll catch your first soon!
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

suffrun

Today was my first day trolling for cudas but without success!! (woke up at 0400hrs) :(
Jeankarl.........do not give up.

skip

Doesnt it just suck when you wake up that early and come back empty handed!! I hate it and gets me saying, sod it next time I will go at sunset and enjoy my sleep, hehe

benri

The irony of it all is that when I woke for 2 consecutive times up at 3.30am to go out for alungi I caught nothing.... when I decided not to give a dam and went out at about 9.30am, I caught my first alunga at 2.30pm!
I'd rather be fishing.....

Freeman

Waking up early to go fishing is no big deal, I mean I set my alarm at 3:30 when I'm going fishin and most of the times i'll be up and ready even before the alarm goes off, on the other hand when it's time to go to work u always feel very tired and wanna stay in bed :/

Btw what happened to the trolling competition that was supposed to be held ? I was next to filfla by 6:00 but didnt see a huge number of boats running around !

Edit: Just read it was postponeddue to wind ??? I was out on a 14ft with a 9.9 didnt look that much bad !

skip

Hi Freeman,

The All Clubs Alungi competition organised by all the various clubs was indeed postponed at the last minute it seems. A few of us from the forum are planning to meet and fish a bit together this Saturday as planned and meet near Filfla weather permitting.

jeankarl

Hi guys! Yesterday I tried at Marsa - sunset - with no luck. It was just a stop and go try (30 mins and left) before we went out. Today I went with my friend at san pawl pont. We where there at around 10.00. There wasn?t any fish so I threw for some time and I managed to see 3 together coming towards the lure but although I retried I didn?t re-see them.

Freeman

Well fishing after 8:30 didnt prove very succesfull from my side, apparently cudas are more prone to stike a lure when it's still a bit dark, I personally never had a stike in full sunlight from a cuda. Plamti I cought even in midday but never cudas.