• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Air or Elastic Which is Best?

Started by snice, November 16, 2008, 11:05:02 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

snice

Simple question. Which is the best kind of spear gun one which works with air or with elastic bands?

Gazzetta

Elastic all the way !! Much more precise and silent in my opinion + no services needed.

Chris  8)

charlie

freediver

hello my friend i think the best gun for me is elastic ones but when using some tacknicks like aspetto for some fish like dentex which are  very fast, i think some pneumatic spearguns are good because they have long distance shot like the mamba speargun.But any way u still can use an elastic speargun with dual elastic which it become fast and silent . ;)

fabrizioviper

If I give you a fish I'll be feeding you once, if i'll show you how I caught it I'll be feeding you for ever.

EmicMalta

Quote from: fabrizioviper on November 16, 2008, 19:03:38 CET
By all means sling power guns .  :) :) :)

agree 100%. No service, no hessle. Always on top performance. The inportant is to buy a good speargun. All the spearos here know how I treat my guns and thats a garantee

baghira

To tell you all, I never had pneumatic guns, but from what I hear the other's say....all the time pumping and maintaining...............Too much hassle.......You can't shoot in the sand because the barrel gets damaged...........Iven if it was better then elastic, I wouldn't go for it...
Always had elastic, and guns last ages..........
Few words: power, reach, silent, precise, low maintenance, thats how I describe it.. And you can modify your gun in many manners, whilst there are many limitations locally for pneumatics.
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kurtfalcon

Elastic is silent and maintenance is cheap and can be done by yourself if needed very different from pneumatic which are more complicated.
#1 on the water ---kurtfalcon--- #1 on the water

Simon G

sling powered guns nearly all of us use them just look at pics
maxxon 420 with 30hp tohatsu
profesional aquarist and under water photographer
semi profesional spearfisherman