Surf/Beach Casting

Started by sergio, November 08, 2007, 03:21:01 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

camkev

Try the embassy i told you   ;)
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

Robby9

qed tinqabad xi huta min fuq il bajjiet jew? ???

camkev

Issa illejla inkunu nafu  ;)

Spirit of Jason

Hi Robert and Fortuna
Sorry we had to leave early last night but, Marie and Jaye were not dressed for the windy conditions.
Nice to meet you Fortuna, it is always nice to put a face to a name.
The next time we shall be better prepared, but I still enjoyed the couple of hours we had there.
I did not catch anything but, I managed to drown a few worms, did you guys managed to catch anything.

Captain Gus

camkev

We caught a couple of beers after ;) Not even one bite,i arrived at 9.00pm and you had already left..but you didn't miss any fish dont worry.there was a lot of current yesterday!

Granitu

its always on the low side at this time of the year kev in surfcasting.. unless you have those perfect conditions....
Good season so far.....

joe2384

Having never done any surf casting in Malta, how far out do you boys cast and with what sort of leads?
Live for today, tomorrow might never come

ken82

sorry couldn t join. i was at work. hope 2 cu

Carmelo

hi evryone,,
went around the topic and saw lot of comments saying malta is not good for surfcasting ....that is not my opinion..
i m from catania and i lived in malta for 3 years already ,,, i always loved surfcastin and given that in catania we got a almost 25 km long beach ,,i always enjoyed fishing tat way ...
I ve been few times to golden bay and it went greaat ...(some mengus ,a big awrata of 700 grams , lot of strillja and few tracine ...
I think the problem is that surfcastng doesnt fit in the malta fishing mentality ( i can say so because had sm experience in sport angling in malta ) because u don t have lot of beaches ...
before starting fishing  there re are lot of secrets and factors to consider to understand where the sandy bottom is getting mix more and fish there,, ecccetera eccetera ... u can t just go there and chose a random place like..i ll stay in this place because is gd for the bbq  .....

ForTuna

Hi Carmelo ,

Appreciate your comments about the topic. I ve been practising surfcasting for the last 7/8yrs always going to Ghadira or Paradise which in my opinion these are very good spots. My catches consisted of serra, mengus , saragi , gringu and rghajja so yes if you stick to strong wind and rough sea conditions it does pay in the end.
ForTuna

Triumph 170cc - Evinrude 75 E-TEC

blueskip

Good conditions for surfcasting seem to be universal, over here if there is no surf & the water is clear then it only seems to work if you fish in the dark. When we have had a storm & the water is dirty & there is a good surf running, thats when conditions are best for beachcasting, & it pays to use a pennel rig & some big baits because you never know what is on patrol :o!
Blueskip