• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

No Swimming Zone...

Started by Tracina, August 12, 2009, 05:31:59 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracina

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if the "No Swimming Zone" signs I saw on the road going towards Bugibba froma Sliema were due to pollution, dangerous currents, no life guards, Charcharodon charcharias ; )

I went swimming in the bay of the Mediterraneo Aqua Park... but starting from the following bay, I saw quite a lot of these signs... and yet the coast seems "clear"... and beautiful.

Does anyone know if there is a map of stretches of coast to avoid.

Thank you

Tracina

robby017

pollution--- seeping trough the rocks from the old landfill/dumpsite in Maghtab... its the 'white hill' in your pic
Scorpion 14.5 feet, Suzuki 60hp & Suzuki 6hp Aux.

Authorised & Licenced Fish Population Controller

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

bonstan2000

Can anyone inform me about regulations regarding swimming zones and rod fishing in Mata?

Kevin G

as far as I know, swimming zone only restrict boats from entering in. Fishing from land can continue without trouble, but I stand to be corrected.
The Sea Sweeper :D

drewsome

As far as I know, fishing from land in swimming zones is also prohibited on beaches with Blue Flag status. Was fishing for mullet (bil-bezzun) at Ghadira a couple of years ago and was informed that no can do!

theherbgrowers

Fil bajja ta l armier tista tistghad bil harpoon? U fi swimming zone tista? X hin ma jkunx hemm nies s intendi

baghira

Swimming zones l-ebda hin...
Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh