We have been advised of the following should you wish to fish for Bluefin Tuna on a Catch and Release Basis:
For BFT recreational fishing all that needs to be done is to fill the details below and send them to Mr. Mark Gauci on email firstname.lastname@example.org
The permit is free of charge and various documents will be provided when you pick up your permit from Fisheries Control Department, Barriera Wharf, Valletta
An authorisation will be issued containing the specifications that are below, gear is also limited to rod and reel or trolling lines (rod and reel plus live bait is permitted)
1. Fishing is permitted in the Maltese fishing waters and adjacent international waters, on catch and release terms, it is prohibited to retain onboard, tranship, land or market any BFT caught. All BFT caught must be released with the least possible harm.
2. The Fisheries Control Directorate reserves the right to amend any regulations;
3. The Authorisation holders must comply with all instructions issued by the Fisheries Control Directorate or its staff;
4. Records of any catches must be reported to the Fisheries Control Directorate.
5. No fishing with in fish farm boundaries - marked by the yellow buoys (cardinal marks) plus in some cases an outer perimeter float line. If you enter beyond this point you are trespassing and the police may get involved.Required Information:
Vessel name and registration number :
Location of vessel port/Area
Owner ID Number
Once received, you will be contacted by the Fisheries Control Department to inform when your permit is ready for pickup.