• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Challenged by Giant Bluefin Tuna in Canada

Started by twoutes, October 05, 2014, 00:10:19 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

twoutes

Hi guys.
Its been a very long time since l've been on here, and many trips have come and gone, but l've just returned from a fantastic trip to Prince Edward Island on the inside of Nova Scotia Canada. I was invited by my good friend, and Publisher/Editor of Pacific Coast Sportsfishing Magazine to go chase grander bluefin tuna. We came close with the biggest estimated at 900lb. I managaged one at 850lb, and we caught others down to 550lb. Only one of the tuna we caught was kept by the commercial fishermen we went out with, as they only have one ticket to keep one fish for the season.THis tuna was processed within an hour of us catching it, and dressed and packed in ice for shipment to Japan the next day. Its a very well managed fishery, but who knows how long it will last.

If you get a chance check out this short 5 minute clip my friend Bill put up on Utube. I love it, and its alot different to my style of editing, and l like seeing myself on the other end of a video clip for a change ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBegvo7A8r4

Also please check out my short edited clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF7ddEzEyWA&feature=youtu.be

Another first for me is having my picture on the front cover of a fishing magazine...hope its first of many

We're here for a good time...Not a long time

The_Gaffer

Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

malvizzu

Fantastic video. You're one hell of a lucky man having these experiences  ;D Editing of video was superb and pro. Cheers man and keep on feeding us with these clips ;)
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP

twoutes

Thanks for the thumbs up....Its a real plessure sharing my adventures with you all

baghira

Ear Pain aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shanook

twoutes

Thanks....Just booked flights to Cairns for 7 days of heavy tackle marlin fishing on the Great Barrier Reef...stay tuned :)