• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

whic is the best daiwa tanacom 1000 or miya epoch 4hp

Started by dedin, March 18, 2015, 08:18:57 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

dedin

I am interesting of buying a new daiwa tanacom 1000 or the miya epoch 4hp? Any suggestions please? Thank you.
*** Fish now - Work later ***

Moonwalker

I have 3 miya4hp and they serve me well. They do make quite some noise (compared to the Kristal Fishing XL410) and I had some broken gears over the years (I use some heavy weight) but overall I would recommend them.

Haven't tested the daiwa though and there is the Fishing Ferrari KGN1000 also which is similar.
Petecraft 20 - twin Mariner 150HP EFI

dedin

Thank you moonwalker, and what type of braid do i need?
*** Fish now - Work later ***

Moonwalker

Petecraft 20 - twin Mariner 150HP EFI

Granitu

Quote from: dedin on March 18, 2015, 08:18:57 CET
I am interesting of buying a new daiwa tanacom 1000 or the miya epoch 4hp? Any suggestions please? Thank you.

I have a daiwa tanacom 1000 and in the process of buying a second one. They are mechanically the exact copy of the Diawa tanacom bull, just come cheaper because they come  in a hard plastic frame which does not corrode and are considerably lighter... (really childish product diversification from Daiwa).

Personally found them really good given the price I got it for and the fact that I am not quite into deep sea fishing.

What I like most is the programmable jigging functions and the availability of parts at very reasonable prices. To top that mechanically their design is very simplistic and their repair is fairly easy even to a newbie.

The reel is very simple to use.

Had a try with a Miya epoch exceptional reels but they do come at a price tag and are a bit more advanced in terms of use. Any repair on this reels would not be easy but I have not heard of any breaking down.

For sure, if you are the intermediate user who goes out often deep sea, go for the miya.
Good season so far.....