• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

MFC fishing techniques

Started by avemaria, October 28, 2016, 11:53:14 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

avemaria

Dear All

This my first time into an MFC boat and to be quite honest its quite an odd situation at the fisheries. I was asked what kind of fishing techniques I use?, How many hooks both as per Kons, Qasba tal Wicc, rukkel,rixa, klamari ?

That  I could inherit what was used on the boat before by the previous owner being Nasses tal Vopi. They wanted to know the quantity?   Could not add Octopus cages as I was informed that it is not legal anymore.

I asked to see what is stated by law but they refused to show me the papers.

So I ask does anyone know where I can find this law regarding to what of fishing techniques I can use on an MFC boat please?

Thank you for your time.

Ave Maria

Kevin G

we have to wait and see next year all the shit seems to be unearthed by the fisheries, especially those who are registered as S
The Sea Sweeper :D

avemaria

It is such a sad and frustrating situation not finding any legal information.

msell

welcome to malta avemaria.
So I m gonna pass the same situation in a few days as my boat will be mfc too.

Granitu

Quote from: avemaria on October 28, 2016, 11:53:14 CET
Dear All

This my first time into an MFC boat and to be quite honest its quite an odd situation at the fisheries. I was asked what kind of fishing techniques I use?, How many hooks both as per Kons, Qasba tal Wicc, rukkel,rixa, klamari ?

That  I could inherit what was used on the boat before by the previous owner being Nasses tal Vopi. They wanted to know the quantity?   Could not add Octopus cages as I was informed that it is not legal anymore.

I asked to see what is stated by law but they refused to show me the papers.

So I ask does anyone know where I can find this law regarding to what of fishing techniques I can use on an MFC boat please?

Thank you for your time.

Ave Maria

best part of it is the €500+ transfer fee and having half of the people in there knowing nothing about fishing!
Good season so far.....

msell

Exactly well said granitu!Pajjiz tal mickey mouse like always.