any tips for catching diplodus sargus?

Started by sargu xih, July 29, 2008, 14:34:21 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

bigboy

lol ara niccajta sihbi ;) fishfinder tajjeb trid king meta tkun bid dajsa u gps halli tkun taf fejn huma x xfura us sikek

sargu xih

This Saturday night  I tried fishing for sargi on Marsalforn breakwater (its broken now)
I went snorkeling during the day and saw shoals of sargi even more than before now that the breakwater is broken and there are more sikkek and places to hide.

Tried fishing for sargi during the night till 1am.  No success :-[.  I used the single hook long branch pater noster technique using pieces of squid and red shrimps.  There was no moon light and I think that's the trick.

Next time fishing for sargi at night I'll try hniex ta' l-imperjal and when there's moonlight.
Its a good idea putting a small source of light to keep the sargi interested.  ::)

Sargu Xih

Diplodus Sargus

hey every body! im a new member to this site. I didnt know about this site since my friend sargu xih told me about it.  We are good fishing buddies always trying to find new skills to catch these damed saragi....but they are so cunning at times they make you sware :'(.  We did not have a lot of success fishing for such fish we tried every thing and every kind of bait. form kalamaretti to red shrimbs and now even with hniex ta l imperjal. But till now we hadn't good results.  there are people who tell you that one should try to go for saragi in full moon others tell you that light makes the line shine and it will be impossible to catch them this is a little bit confusing :-\.  the only time that we used to catch some it was from kemmuna blue lagoon. This was in winter of 2years ago one of them was really big over 30cm this was amazing!!! one year later we went again and used the same fishing technique and  caught only 3 but they werent big as those of the year before. we used the pater noster method and as bait some klamari. Now we are trying another type of line still under experiment ;)! With this method i tried to catch one but it was small. it was a pitty i could not realese him but he swollowed the hook and shortly after he died. can anyone of you give us some good information about some good places were we can find some of these fish.

Thanks everybody for the info.

from diplodus sargus.
Sargu imperjali

Simon G

location location location up too two years ago i use to go fishing for sargi sometimes i use to bag 10-16 a night of 500g -750g with hniex tal imperjal you have to find locations that are not fished ( my partially modified landrover helps ) good luck
maxxon 420 with 30hp tohatsu
profesional aquarist and under water photographer
semi profesional spearfisherman

sargu xih

That's true Simon G.  Location is very important.  And usually the best locations are those which are not easily accessible for fishing.  Kemmuna is one of them.  Don't forget coming September Diplodus Sargus!!
Sargu Xih

Diplodus Sargus

hey mates just arriving from wied iz zurrieq. another night out there for notthing! i dont know but today it was great to catch sargi i think the place makes a lot of difference. there was even the full moon shining,i was using hniex ta l imperjal and kalamaretti but again with no success. Dont worry i will keep trying thats what makes fishing intresting. but if somebody tells me a better place i will be very glad....next trip most probably wil be at ahrax tal melliha with my friend sargu xih ;)
Sargu imperjali

EmicMalta

Try places where there is a lot of rizzi. You know that they like rizzi and normally even for us to go spearfishing we found that the best places are near rizzi.

SimonG and I have a really good place for them but we nevered tried to go fishing. This week I was there and saw really a lot of nice ones, all over 500g-1.2kg.

Gazzetta

X AWDC jaqaw Simon ?? 

Chris

Quote from: Simon G on August 18, 2008, 00:20:31 CET
location location location up too two years ago i use to go fishing for sargi sometimes i use to bag 10-16 a night of 500g -750g with hniex tal imperjal you have to find locations that are not fished ( my partially modified landrover helps ) good luck

Diplodus Sargus

Ghidilna naqra fejn emric forsi ma tafx kif naqbad tnejn. Il bierah jahasra thassartu il hanex inqatta minnu ghal xejn. Naf li hawn bhalissa idduru ghax andi shabi immorru diving u jghiduli. Il kwistjoni tibqa li trid tkun 'In the right place, at the right time'....u wara kollox jekk tghidli mhux se naqbadhom kollha jien tibzax my friend ;) just niehu pjacir mhux se nitfa xbieki jien bhal ma jghamlu.
Sargu imperjali

The_Gaffer

Who ever reads this can you please call my home on 21414298 anmd tell my wife I 'm on my way in as I am out at sea and my mobile is dead.
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

EmicMalta

always adviced for good places but this place is on a reef and surelly cannot be fished. There is a lot of nets and ropes in the bottom and infact its really danger also to dive.

From shore its inpossible to try and for this i cannot say the place. Also im afraid from long lines so sorry for this time I cannot say it. But as I said before, if you go where there is reefs with rizzi sure you make nice catches

jean

gaffer trying to call but no answer, do you have a mob numb or something? and pls just tell me your name so i will not refer to you as the gaffer. you can email me directly on jeamicallef@gmail.com. how shall i tell her you comunicating with me? just to reassure in the best way possible.

camkev

Tried to call gaffer,but no reply.Will keep on trying.
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

camkev

Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

EmicMalta

also I tried. Send us mob no so we leave a sms