• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

MARSAXLOKK SLIPWAY

Started by Gazzetta, August 10, 2008, 17:56:12 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazzetta

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THE SLIP OF MARSAXLOKK NEAR IS SAJJIED RESTAURANT IS CLOSED WITH CONCRETE BLOCKS !!!!

Chris  8)

skip

Damn I was wondering where those went!!

Gazzetta

What slip do you suggest I start using now  ???  Is the one in Bbugia near that big brige opposite the freeport good for an 18ft ??

Chris  8)

Simon G

there is only one way to find out give it a try
maxxon 420 with 30hp tohatsu
profesional aquarist and under water photographer
semi profesional spearfisherman

placebo

yes it is good but be aware of the moss in the slipway as sometimes when the sea is a bit high it will be difficult to tow up!

the best one in BBugia is the one in St George bay, just a little further up the local council.
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

Gazzetta

UPDATE :

Phoned the Maritime regarding the slip and told me that they didn't know anything about it !! They said they will investigate and if necessary involve police aswell in getting the slip usable.

Today I phoned Marsaxlokk Local Council, they told me the the fish farms guys are gonna to arrange the slip !!  Also he told me to go and talk to them and that I could use the big slip on the left of this one, the one which surrounded by the fence but it's a bit of a hassle to get access to that, at least I think.

I go and talk to the fish farm gusy to know exactly what's goin on regarding the slip, if maybe they are making it better for everyone or just for them ie they'll close ot for the general public !!

Will let you know the results, wish me luck  :P

Chris  8)

Gazzetta

2nd UPDATE :

The slipway is gonna be arranged and open to the public asap !!!  They are doing a very good work on it. I think we'll be abel to get 2 boats out of the water together when they'll finish it as they're doing another pont on the other side  ;)

Will let you know when will it be ready.

Chris  8)