• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

mooring at St Georges B'bugia behind Breakwater

Started by fishfinder, September 21, 2008, 08:36:37 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfinder

Hi guys,

is there any one that can rent his mooring for the winter period before Friday 26th?
Kaptan Leisure with Suzuki DF115 4 stroke

ramio

Fishfinder best thing is to go to the slipway near breakwater, and ask for "Barun" he is the guy who takes care of the moorings. He would know what is free. You arrange with him.
My boat is on a friends mooring, as his boat is on land. My mooring is outside the breakwaterone and at this time will be exposed to elements. You can use it temporarily but you have to keep your eye on the weather. If you hurry you may get one inside the breakwater area. Next time prepare Barun way beforehand.
Can't wait to go fishing

fishfinder

I've been asking since August but it isn't easy to get one even if you pay for it.
most probable I will have to tow the boat away and then if I find mooring for winter i will treat it again and leave it there till May.

Bad luck  >:( no more deepsea for the time being.

shanook

weather not keeping good for deepsea at least for the moment. My mooring is outside as well and i used to ask Barun for an inside mooring.
it will have to be a launch and retrieve for the winter then fishfinder

fishfinder

:'( that's what I'm thinking but it will be more hassle to launch and retreive. May be I get one in Maghluq M'xlokk ::)

fishfinder

This morning I've got the biggest shock of my life. Every Day I pass from B'Bugia to have a look at my Baby and it wasn't there :'( :'(. Only one thing came up to mind .THEY STOLE MY LITTLE ONE. Then I've remember Barun and in fact he towed my boat on a safe mooring but believe me I was shitting in my pants until I found it ::) ::)

thanks anyway guys for your help and Pm's & Sms's.

busumark

it wanted to go for ride fishfinder. was getting annoyed in the same place  :D :D

fishfinder

yes, I think so ;D but I was really shocked when I looked at the sea at it wasn't there. :o

skip

Probably as you haven't been out fishing in a while it went out for a trip on its own!

fishfinder

uppss then I have to go and fill her again. hope it got some Lampuki  ;D

ramio

Yes, il-barun more than once moved my boat to a safer mooring for me. I usually tell him very early in summer to reserve a place inside first time available. Many a time I spent 15min looking for my boat, I had gotten used to it. Usually I go after and settle with him.
Thats why I rest my mind about the boat being at B'Buga while I live in St Pauls. Once you take care of him, he takes care of you, and there is no one who knows the place better.
Can't wait to go fishing

Perla 165

Is every one can have the chance to place he's boat @ b'buggia?
Perla 165 with Toyota 2.2 Litre = 70 bhp.

Frejgatina 13' with acme petrol/pitrolju 10hp.

Ghazel u Huw, Igdem u kuwl !!

fishfinder

outside the breakwater is still free but inside it's totally impossible.

camkev

Guys in winter at imsida marina there will be some place to put your boats there.Cause most boats will be at the yards.
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

skip