• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Methods of rigging with Gambli and what have you caught with Gambli or squid

Started by intermilan, September 24, 2008, 14:48:41 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

intermilan

I would like to know any new ideas for this subject.

What is the best method of rigging using gambli or squid (using rod and reel for casting) and as well, I know usually we catch the usual bottom fish with Gambli / Squid, but has anybody caught some decent sized fish with Gambli/squid from land? and if so, what setup they had?

And as well was it very deep or not?

I would love to know other experiences other members had?

bigboy

Usually we use squid from land aswell and we catch sargi and the occasional pagella. Depth +/- 30m.

using paternoster

camkev

Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

placebo

i found them very good for bream fishing (sargi) using the pole rod with just a line from top to bottom a nice sized hook and some splitshots as weight.

Sometimes i also use the fresh small shrimps (i catch myself from MSkala or Mxlokk). They are hook size and are wonderful for breams (pagell) and other bottom fish.

in such cases i normally use the running ledger method.
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

placebo

night fishing with hand pole for sargi
and day fishing with small fresh shrimps
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

rammx

can someone give me a good technique to catch fresh shrimps and where can i find some...i tried many times to catch some , but only managed to catch up to 10 a time....+ i when i bought them, i felt like being robbed :s about 10? for a handfull of shrimps....!!!

charlie

At M'scala I use a fishing net (kopp) and drifting the net near the quay (moll). I prefer to go after midnight for the shrimps when the sea is calm.To buy them I agree with you they are expensive.

rammx

10x charlie..ill try it :) hope mill have luck!! i thinf fresh shrimps are one of the best baits for fishing durinf the day...
10x again mate

gozitano

jien qatt ma mort tajjeb bil gambli,kemm bis sajd b tar ril u kemm b qasba normali.b tar ril ma narahhiex soda bhala liska.u bil qasba ta l idejn,il hut iz zejr mal ewwel jikxfulek is sunnara.

I never did well using shrimps, being using a pole or a casting rod. With a casting rod i do not fins them so hardy and with the pole the small fish eat the bait very quickly. (english translation)   [bigboy]

intermilan

I used squid this week and caught alot, with the same piece never falling off I kept using it and kept catching. I could throw out very far even in heavy winds. Gambli is good, but is delicate. I prefer squid as even the fish when they bite they keep biting without it falling off. :)

joemark

Live bait is the best but I would like to buy some pellets etc for the occasional unplanned shore reel casting fishing trip, any ideas?

camkev

I don't know if the pellets are good for shore reel casting fishing .but you can use squid or freezed worms like bibi or hniex ta l imperjal.Just keep them in portions in the freezer so they don't thaw everytime you take out the whole lot.When you re freeze them a few times you have to throw everything away my friend.
Fishing,fishing ,fishing thats all i think about.

joemark

Thanks I will look into pellets, would like to keep everything in my car for that after work getaway...

maxxat75

in my opinion gambli is no good for rigging. i think Squid is much much better. Small fish attack it and dont make the bait go off while a burqax will surely be caught.

Always be cerfull where you are rigging. if the place has a lot of rocks you may easiely get stuck.