• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

Jigging

Started by digger0579, June 28, 2011, 11:13:14 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

digger0579

I know it's a question that know one will unswer but do you know a good spot were i can go for my first time to jig please.?    :) :) :) :)
Petecraft 17 Sport with Suzuki DF90..............

ganni

in my opinion it very unfair to ask such questions, everyone wishes to know good spots, the difference is that some do their very best and invest a lot of time and money to search some good spots while others try to get them for free and without any troubble
SHIMANO---Tomorrow's tackle today

shanook

You have to try. what we can tell u is that u study the bottom and try ur luck dont lose heart its a matter of luck and intuition.

placebo

asking for good places is a sin in fishing ....... you will lose 50% of your fun by the way! However for a beginner a good tip is ........ at the moment you will get a lot of small 2kgs amberjacks ....... search for them in areas under high cliffs as nearly all the places are good and such fish travel and cover good distances at this time. Go for light jigging using jigs from 50 - 150gms
the fishing gods might have something for me tomorrow I'll be fishing

digger0579

@ Gianni,

First of all I have invested in very good equipment and I didnt ask for a waypoint  for jiggig but and area. it's nice to tell someone a good area for fishing so you can show your expirence in finding fish......to catch fish that's another question......Your unswer looks like you were insulted by the question I posted, but dont worry there are more good Samaritans around. I catch fish for a hobby and sport not to make money.

Granitu

Doesn't mean that if you put a lot of money into something it can bypass the time needed to get good spots. In my opinion you would loose all the satisfaction of jigging if someone actually gives you the way point were to fish.

Personally the first dentex i caught, caught it at one of the points i found myself, and it was a 3.8kg example. l did fish with other people in their own spots and caught larger but believe it or not, i find most of the satisfaction when i catch the fish in my own places, the ones discovered after lots of hours under the sun or choppy waters.

that proves the point i guess that money does not equal fish. Contrarily, i think another challenge i would like to embrace is to deceive the fish using my own constructed lures and study the technology used. We just buy, buy and buy but we actually never know why it is working or why not it is not working

and experience is only the result of trail and errors

Quote from: digger0579 on June 30, 2011, 11:48:23 CET
First of all I have invested in very good equipment and I didnt ask for a waypoint  for jiggig but and area. it's nice to tell someone a good area for fishing so you can show your expirence in finding fish......to catch fish that's another question......Your unswer looks like you were insulted by the question I posted, but dont worry there are more good Samaritans around. I catch fish for a hobby and sport not to make money.
Good season so far.....

LapsiBoy

finding the place is a part of the challenge and personally a part of the fun of fishing. If you dont want to go out there trying spots might aswell not go at all

digger0579

The thing that I wonder is, that when I see fishing programs from caccia e pesca, most of the time they show the place and some time even the GPS reading of the spot they fish in. this thing is in our culture that we dont want other people to be better than us in doing thing.

In my openion, it's not the spot which makes you a great fisherman but the methods used by every single person's method of fishing. as I said before, fishing is one thing and catching fish is an other. Sport fishing which in my opinion doesn't really excist in Malta, has a meaning to me that you catch and after having a photo with the fish you put it back in it's natural enviroment so maybe another person has a go at it.

I know it's hard to do here in our small Island, cause to catch a nice dentex or Accola it will take you days if not years to find a good SPOT and Technic. To be onest with you, I dont think I would like to put it back in the sea.... but in a nice hot oven  :) :) :) :)

have a great day to all  ;)

rammx

unfortunately Malta has nothing to do with the places aired on caccia & pesca..In Malta hot spots are very limited so if someone finds a good fishing zone ,I don't think its very wise to show it in a forum which is accessible to many genuine fishermen but also to other selfish individuals who will probably their nets that same day!!!

The_Gaffer

Quote from: rammx on July 01, 2011, 08:49:12 CET
unfortunately Malta has nothing to do with the places aired on caccia & pesca..In Malta hot spots are very limited so if someone finds a good fishing zone ,I don't think its very wise to show it in a forum which is accessible to many genuine fishermen but also to other selfish individuals who will probably their nets that same day!!!

Totally agree.  This is I think one of the main reasons most of us do not readily post hot spots, since this is a public forum, we have no control over who visits or not!
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

The_Gaffer

@Digger - I know exactly how you feel.  I come from a fishing community where even while passing by another boat, if the other boat happened to hook up an AJ at that time, they would happily turn their back towards you, and stop fighting the fish, for fear that I would get a glimpse of their tackle!!  Also, we see it alot here on the forum, people posting pics of their catch but trying their best to hide or disguise the background, for fear of giving the hot spot away.  Others simpy hide the screens of their GPSs and/or fishfinders.  It happens, and I can understand their preoccupation of giving away hot spots.  On the other hand, most people here will offer their help and support, to the extent of teaming up with you and going for a fishing trip, and telling you try here, try there, I got some good bites here, and there.  So in reality, what they're trying to protect is their favorite spot from selfish people who will go to all extents to catch fish, even using trammel nets!
Beneteau Antares 9.80 - Powered by twin Volvo Penta D4 225HP
     _\____
       /___ \
___ /_____\_______
|_______________/

Granitu

Quote from: The_Gaffer on July 01, 2011, 09:30:37 CET
@Digger - I know exactly how you feel.  I come from a fishing community where even while passing by another boat, if the other boat happened to hook up an AJ at that time, they would happily turn their back towards you, and stop fighting the fish, for fear that I would get a glimpse of their tackle!!  Also, we see it alot here on the forum, people posting pics of their catch but trying their best to hide or disguise the background, for fear of giving the hot spot away.  Others simpy hide the screens of their GPSs and/or fishfinders.  It happens, and I can understand their preoccupation of giving away hot spots.  On the other hand, most people here will offer their help and support, to the extent of teaming up with you and going for a fishing trip, and telling you try here, try there, I got some good bites here, and there.  So in reality, what they're trying to protect is their favorite spot from selfish people who will go to all extents to catch fish, even using trammel nets!

amen gaffer spot on.

There are hotspots guys. AJ and dentex, contrarily to what many believe migrate, so it is really a matter of being in the right moment and the right time having the right set-up. What is a hot-spot today may not be a hot-spot tomorrow :)
Good season so far.....

clutch_kick

QuoteThere are hotspots guys. AJ and dentex, contrarily to what many believe migrate, so it is really a matter of being in the right moment and the right time having the right set-up. What is a hot-spot today may not be a hot-spot tomorrow

Granitu pretty much hit the nail on it's head.
Official Molix, Major Craft, DUO and SeaSpin agent for Malta.

fisheye

Hot spot or not if it is over fished it won't stay hot for long, intelligent anglers will not fish a hot spot until it is dried but alternate between one place and another.     
Buccaneer 147 powered by Yamaha 85

skip

Definately, a hot spot today isn't the same in a week. But once one builds up favourite spots you can go visit them and rotate around. But very much a quesiton of being in the right place when a predator is around to feel intruded by your jig!