• Welcome to Malta Fishing Forum.

FastFisher 14 vs Buccaneer 130

Started by malvizzu, December 21, 2009, 11:21:46 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

malvizzu

I am in the process of buying a new boat and in a big dilemma. I have seen the Fastfisher 14 by Petecraft and the Buccaneer 130. They are two great boats. The Fastfisher 14 is a well finished boat but seems short of space inside and storage, whilst the Buccaneer is less on the eyesight but have ample space inside and storage. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. And any comments on how they behave in sea (planing, motor HP etc) are also appreciated.
Fastfisher 14 Open powered by Evinrude E-TEC 50HP & Johnson 8HP

shanook

did u have a look at Kaptan boats. In my opinion they are very sea worthy......
the reasons u stated where Looks and space both valid contributions to buying a new boat but the First and Foremost extremely important factor for choosing a boat is it whether it is sea worthy........if it can take a choppy sea.......if it planes quickly........how it performs with the same power.....
Good luck and if possible make a sea trial as we have tried boats that u need to use a raincoat in calm waters imagine in a choppy sea.
Good luck mate

malvizzu

The boat I need is mainly for fishing with my father but than to use with my family on a Sunday (4 persons). It has to be sturdy in sea and does not wet when moving. I was thinking of a 40HP or 50HP motor to go with it. Who sells Kaptan boats?

Kaptan Jr

If you need something we sell kaptan boats my friend.
Katpan 15ft, Cuddy cabin and powered with twin 50hp TLDI Tohatsu outboard engines

malvizzu

Can you tell me from where please and i'll be more than glad to pop over and discuss with you.

busumark

the first model of the fast fisher 14 is not good. it gets you wet even in calm water so they made another model with a different hull. so be sure not to buy the first model of the fast fisher 14. before buying a boat go to see different models and always ask for a test ride not in calm sea

malvizzu

Thanks busumark. I have seen the new model at Petecraft's garages but have not tested it yet. My biggest concern is space and storage although as you said I do not want a boat that wets while moving. Having glasses is a nightmare on a boat.

busumark

@ malvizzu i know what you mean i have glasses too. and the worst thing is when it starts to rain also

malvizzu

Which boat do you suggest Busu? I had a frejgatina with a 9.9HP outboard but I sold it cause it was very slow and rocked like a rocking chair with the slightest movement. I don't want to make the same mistake.

busumark

i have a kaptan and i find it very good and the new model is nicer than mine. go and see the boats yourself and try them. the most important thing is that you find it good and you like it

malvizzu

shanook

malvizzu I hope u gathered urself in thought and made urself questions and answered them truthfully.............
What do I need the boat for
how far out do I intend to go
How many people will it be carrying
is it safe for all the people + equipment
How long do i expect it to last
Once u have answered these then choose the size of ur boat and check it out with a sea trial...............
since u have not bought yet u better get the best for ur needs and ur pocket
Good luck and let us know what u find out

bigboy

Petecraft ara very sea worthy boats my friend ;) With all the respect to everyone i really doubt there are any boat builders here in malta which build boats like they do ;) I have no commission from petecraft but that is my thought about them ;) My Grandad had a boat from them in the past, My friend has the largest boat made by them and i will be having the 24 footer next year. Also consider the 17 footer which are also great !!

shanook

i agree with part of what u said mate but to imply that they are the best is another story...................I have no intention to go into a debate about any boat builder but some things are best left unsaid..........

so lets just say that petercraft make good boats and that Bigboy swears by them...

bigboy