Summer fishing with the kids

Started by horus, March 08, 2008, 13:10:40 CET

Previous topic - Next topic

horus

Hi,
I am staying in Nadur in Gozo in August/September.
I will be taking the kids, 14 and 10yr boys fishing from the shore.
We'll have Light gear, telescopic rods and reels with 12lb line.
Can anyone give me some advise on where to fish and what type of lures or baits to use and what we can expect to catch.

Thanks

EmicMalta

Hi Horus, wellcome to the forum. Its still a bit early to give you points where to try but Gozo is a very smal island eith the nicest areas of the Maltese arcipelagoes and for sure we can give you some places later on

Quote from: horus on March 08, 2008, 13:10:40 CET
Hi,
I am staying in Nadur in Gozo in August/September.
I will be taking the kids, 14 and 10yr boys fishing from the shore.
We'll have Light gear, telescopic rods and reels with 12lb line.
Can anyone give me some advise on where to fish and what type of lures or baits to use and what we can expect to catch.

Thanks

Seahunter

It would be a good time to fish for vopi at night! It won`t be very big, but it is still fun!

fava

ohh ye gozo....last summer i went on a 4day break.... last day there we went to ghammieri fishing in the morning, mullett u bubini kemm trid kien hemm....

between 7.30am to 10am me and my uncle caught around 135, 7inch sized mulletts! was a great day for me....catching well over 80 of them!! haha

l-ghammieri konna! for the bait:bread with a highly stinky cheese! mado kemm jinten dak il gobon li andu! yaqq.. ma nafx xinhu imma andu tank tal hamsa u erbajn fill garaxx mimli bih! no idea xinhu?!?! can someone give me hints of maybe ingredients on good fish attractants please. (can i buy some of them from the local supermarkets)

and for the hook, bread with smeat ( don't know how to write it, but it is used to make the bread stiffer and not crumble down.

my uncle used to use some corned beef too for mullet.
Giving away some of his secrets... lol

does anyone know some good places for fishing for vopi in the north ( but not too north) in malta.???

thnks

fava
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

Albatross 390 powered by Suzuki 15Hp

Granitu

if you want contact me on my msn at njf100@hotmail.com and i give you a tip whre to try
Good season so far.....